Monday, January 25, 2010

new day



















And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
Revelation 21:5a

A new day, a new week. How will you spend it?

Today is the first day of our Bible study, Breaking Free. It is also my mother's birthday. I'll be baking a birthday cake later today - wheee! The things are making me ridiculously happy today.

Much to my relief, I finished making her present late last night, and was able to give it to her this morning. As mentioned in a tweet, I had the most delicious sliver of hazelnut cake on Friday. If I get the recipe by this afternoon, that'll be the cake I make tonight. If not, I'll fall back on my old faithful chocolate cake recipe.

In other news, I love that wreath. I fully intend to make one at the earliest possible opportunity. That, however, will not be this week. This week is very, very full. I'll be heading back to LST on Wednesday for their missions day - G.V. is speaking at Chapel, and a colleague and I will be manning a booth and book table. It'll be fun to be back, and I'm hoping to see some familiar faces.

Then on Friday, George and Drena celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. We'll be having a massive event in central London, and I do mean massive. We're expecting between 300 and 500 people. Yup, I'm tired just thinking about. :) A lot of work goes into these missions events in disguise, so any prayer you can muster up on our behalf is gratefully received!

By the way, the first ladies Alpha group went so well. We have such a diverse group of women in different stages of the faith journey, not to mention life. It was relaxed; we met at the beautiful home of a church member, Molly, starting with a light but delicious lunch where we all got to know each other. We then gathered in Molly's cosy living room (complete with glorious fire in the fireplace) for coffee, cake and a DVD talk on what Alpha is all about. Altogether we are five hosts and eight or nine guests. The guests all seemed to enjoy themselves, so hopefully they'll keep coming!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails