Friday, August 13, 2010

molly rose

This, my friends, is the heartwarming tale of a rock. Worn by the cares of time and tide, she was swept up onto a beach. Cold and alone, cut off from all who loved her.

So sad, I know, but take heart - this story has a happy ending.

molly rose

My mother was walking along the beach when she spotted the lonely rock. Taken by the rock's unusual shape, she picked it up and brought her to London, where she was placed in our garden.

Meanwhile, a little girl was despondent that she was not allowed to have an animal as a pet. After mulling it over, we decided that a rock would make an excellent pet. The aforementioned rock was fetched from our garden, cleaned, given eyes and the name 'Molly Rose'.

However, before I would hand over the rock, I had a condition. Molly Rose needed a good home - the little girl had a week to create one. And so she did...

molly rose at home

Molly Rose settled in quickly, and they both lived happily ever after, even though one of Molly's eyes fell off after two days. I'm told she now has a dress, which more than makes up for her impaired vision.

happily ever after

THE END

3 comments:

rach said...

i love this!! xx

Sheela said...

thanks, Rachel! xx

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails