
Halfway though the book, and there's only one chapter set this week - Chapter 9. According to Beth, "everything ahead of us hinges on this experience". Let's press on to pursue security...
1. Do (don’t just read but actually do) Chapter Nine. In your comment to this post, simply reflect back on your time with God and share anything specific that you received from it.
2. Look up Scriptures that have to do with strength, power, and victory. Pick five Scriptures that speak most powerfully to you right now – five that you feel like you need the most – write them on the inside of the back cover of the book, and share them here - be sure to include the reference.
THEN, ladies, read them OUT LOUD. Restate them in first person between You and your God.
* Wondering what on earth is going on? Click here.
* Catch up on the conversation so far here. Or follow the original LPM discussion here.


4 comments:
1. This prayer was amazing - I was blessed, encouraged, challenged and convicted all in one fell swoop! Several points stuck out for me...
a) Your desire is for me to be free of every unhealthy motivation. Reveal any place they reside uncontested in me, and supply the courage I need to refuse to do their bidding. - I need to take responsibilty for the insecurity in my life. It isn't just the culture we live in, the media, or other people- stop the self-pity, the excuses and rationalisations. I need to actively sift through my thought-life and OWN the truth.
b)Forgive me...for being so fixated on what I don't have that I leave the gifts You've given me undeveloped and much less effective than You intended them to be. Forgive me for thinking pitifully little of the person You've made me to be. Forgive me for committing the flagrant sin of despising myself and considering myself inferior to others. Forgive me equally for every time I've sighed with relief at the thought that I might be superior after all.
2. I loved this part. Time-consuming, but totally worth it. I've kept my comprehensive list, but my 5 are:
* Blessed are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD?
He is your shield and helper and your glorious sword.
Your enemies will cower before you, and you will trample down their high places.
Deuteronomy 33:29
* God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…
Psalm 46:1-2a
* In my anguish I cried to the LORD and he answered me by setting me free. The LORD is with me I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The LORD is with me he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.
Psalm 118:5-7
* For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning[1] and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” But you were unwilling,
Isaiah 30: 15 (Oooh, that last bit gets me)
*No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the LORD.
Isaiah 54:17 AMEN!!
P.S. I don't tend to like the Message as a translation, but this I HAD to share. Go ahead and read it out loud. If this doesn't make you feel like an ezer, I don't know what will...
God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
Eph 6:10-18 (The Message)
I enjoyed the time spent for this chapter. This particularly stood out for me: "Forgive me.. for being so fixated on what I don’t have that I leave the gifts You’ve given me undeveloped and much less effective than You intended them to be."
2.
Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Proverbs 3:26 (NLT)
...for the lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.
Isaiah 26: 12 (NLT)
Lord, you will grant us peace, for all we have accomplished is really from you.
John 8:32 (NLT)
And you will know the truth and the truth will set you free(!!)
Psalm 138: 3 (NIV)
In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul.
Looking back, insecurity has been such a burden, a bondage.
*breaks free.. POW!*
Great verses, Rach!
Oh, I know - I wish this stuff was taught in schools and youth groups! Teens (esp. girls)need to hear this.
Post a Comment