
Beth poses four questions this week based on chapters 7 and 8...
1. What part of Chapter 7 hit home with you most and why?
2. Based on your journey so far in chapters 1-8, list your own personal top three reasons why it’s time to deal with your insecurity. (We’re not looking for right answers. We’re looking for YOUR answers. Don’t copy off your fellow sojourners’ papers on this one. Grin.) So that you don’t get your numbers confused here, list your 3 reasons under A.B.&C.
3. Based on Chapter 8, briefly describe a recent trigger of insecurity and whether or not it got a rise out of you.
4. Also based on Chapter 8, what does dignity mean to you?
* Wondering what on earth is going on? Click here.
* Catch up on the conversation so far here. Or follow the original LPM discussion here.


3 comments:
1. Insecurity can cause us to sabotage relationships for fear of being rejected/Insecurity can confine us. I can think of times where I've been frightened of initiating relationships or being myself in relationships for fear that the person would see the real me and not like me.
2. It's time to deal with my insecurities because
a) I'm tired of living in the fear and isolation that insecurity brings.
b) I want the joy and peace that comes from finding my security in God.
c) I want to be the person God made me to be, not trying (and failing) to be the person I think other people want me to be.
3. Recently, my appearance was criticized. The person also suggested that I am a failure, and yes, it totally got a rise out of me! Somehow, even though I'd just been reading chapter 8 which is pretty much all about my inherent worth in Christ, everything this person was saying to me rang true. At first I was completely floored, and then amazingly I felt such a conviction that these were in fact lies. That lead to a wonderful time of prayer and worship in God's presence.
4. 'Dignity' suggests owningthe worth we have because we are made in the image of God. It also implies a certain amount of poise, security and self-respect - not selling ourselves short, not believing lies about ourselves and acting out of those lies.
1. "We desperately need to learn a different response when we’re tempted to panic and over communicate with people"
I have this thing about communication, or miscommunication. I hate to be misunderstood. I leave long (stupid) messages, explaining myself etc only to realize how silly I sound after I have recollected myself, or dealt with the fact that there was never any misunderstanding.
2 a. "You never know when or what is going to trigger you to explode." I can think of several instances where I will not fail to explode. I sure do hope it will never happen- or at least at a significantly smaller scale.
b. I am answering this only after Q3 and when I think about my insecurities, it stings. Worrying sick over basically nothing is not fun. God has a better plan.
c. And it would make sense to deal with issues earlier in life. Why not avoid aches when I can, and at such a time like this. I simply “don’t have to live this way anymore”.
3. Results were released not too long ago and I allowed mom's response to override what I thought was good.
I attended my elder brother’s graduation yesterday. He graduated with first-class honors and is on full scholarship to do his phD. Upon seeing about a dozen students (mostly girls) receive awards and gold medals, I looked over at mom, suddenly reminded of her unimpressed reaction over the phone. This sense of inferiority clouded the many blessings of which I have been on the receiving end in the academic world. There is much to Thank God for.
3. Dignity is more of nonconformity than disregarding; uncompromised decisions. Not settling for less. Self-respect and acceptance are key. Respect and honor are naturally earned with dignity.
i like "owning the worth we have because we are made in the image of God". thats something really important to remember- that we are all made in the image of God and that God is not flawed in any way.
Post a Comment