Thursday, July 08, 2010

{the reading group} SLI Week 2

garden

This week, we have a chance to respond to Chapters 3 and 4. Do join in when you can.

Beth asks...

1. Based on Chapter Three, what tends to be your own “Prominent False Positive”?

2. What is the challenge stated at the very end of Chapter Three? (I want this to break into our belief systems. It is critical to our journey. I don’t care how many times you’ve seen it written on this post, write it again for yourself. That’s your mama talking.)

3. Based on Chapter Four, what Biblical figure (or statement about him/her) resonated with you most and why?

* Wondering what on earth is going on? Click here.
*
Catch up on the conversation so far here. Or follow the original LPM discussion here.

4 comments:

Sheela said...

1.My most prominent false positives are relationship-related.

2. "To let the healthy, utterly whole, and completely secure part of us increasingly overtake our earthen vessels until it drives our every emotion, reaction and relationship. [Allowing] God’s truth to eclipse every false positive and let our eyes spring open to the treasure we have, [and] there in His glorious reflection we’ll also see the treasure we are".

3. Leah - "Nothing like thinking God doesn't like you as well as He likes someone else to make you a smidge insecure"

Anonymous said...

1. I'm having a hard time deciding between two... but it's probably self-image, closely followed by relationships.
2. Along with what Sheela said, but in other words...
With Christ dwelling in us we "have something deeper. Something whole. Something so infinitely healthy that, if it would but invade the rest of us, we would be healed." Letting that happen is the challenge.
3. -what Sheela said :)

Sheela said...

Jess, so glad to have you join! I love your paraphrase.

rach said...

1. Relationships- "a great man"

2. The challenge for me would be to remember that I already possess "something (much) deeper"- "something whole"; "something so infinitely healthy". Weakness is not necessarily a bad thing as His strength is made perfect when I am weak (and I have to let Him be that strength). I should LET my eyes spring open to the treasure I already have, and that I am.

3. Sarai and Hagar- "Threat... We can trace feelings of insecurity to a perceived threat, especially when it comes in a sudden rush... Much of what we fear is fueled by our imagination, and in fact, most of what we fear never even happens."
why? just because it is so true.

Related Posts with Thumbnails