Wednesday, June 09, 2010

realize























via Mighty to Save

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, how true... though a little sad.
Ok, the following thought may sound a little cheesy, but here goes... I've often seen myself as leaving pieces of my heart behind when leaving good friends, thus focusing on the loss, the heart getting smaller. But perhaps it's more about carrying those friendships with you in your heart somehow, thus making your heart bigger. Not just filling it up, but increasing its capacity to love more. Does that make any sense to you? :)

Sheela said...

Yes, that makes complete sense. :) And I agree!

On a similar (though even cheesier) note, love/friendship changes us so that even if the love or friendship is gone or not as strong as it once was, a bit of that person/ relationship has sedimented into our selves, so that not just our heart but our 'being' - our character, our personality - grows as a result. (Hmmm, I'm sleep deprived so that may only make sense to me. Or maybe that was exactly what you were saying?!)

Thank you for your email. Yes, it was his birthday. In fact saw this on that day, so that was what was in the back of my mind when I posted this image. Also saw that sweet Aspergers vid that day, which was a lovely coincidence (he had Aspergers). I'll get to introduce him to you one day! :)

Romans 8:38-39 - what a relief!

Anonymous said...

No, I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense. :)

As for your last comment and scripture reference... Amen! That'll be a happy day! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails