Tuesday, September 29, 2009

touch nature


purple&whitedahlia, originally uploaded by sheelajoy.

Have you heard of Touch Nature? It's a fair-trade company based in Kathmandu that manufactures natural handmade soaps, candles etc. The founder, Jo Tan, started the company to create jobs for destitute women.

I've known Jo for some time now, and have prayed for her ministry over a number of years. Two weeks ago, she came to stay at our home. We'd talked over the years of the possibility of me getting involved with Touch Nature in Nepal, but my health and other factors made that seem increasingly unlikely.

However, I'm happy to announce that I'm 'joining' the Touch Nature team, albeit at a distance. One day a week from here in the UK, I'll be doing administrative projects, helping out on their website, and perhaps even helping to sell some of their products.

Of course, the rest of the week I’ll still be typing for George, but it is so good to have a little something else to focus on, so I’m celebrating!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! that's so exciting. I remember meeting Jo at a conference in Germany and again at Forest Hill. Sounds like a fun opportunity. :)

Sheela said...

I start tomorrow! Wheee! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails