
1. Natividad, 2. Star of Wonder, 3. candy cane knee socks, 4. Tasty, 5. Zimtsterne (1/4), 6. IMG_8298 Lebkuchen für den Weihnachtsbaum, 7. My favourite birthday gift, 8. it's mullin' time, 9. Autumn Colors Christmas Tree, 10. Lebkuchen - German Gingerbread (2/3), 11. Stellar Lights, 12. Untitled, 13. Green, 14. Lebkuchen, 15. Origami Christmas Tree Card, 16. stars
Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Actually, I love wrapping presents in brown paper, with coloured twine or pretty ribbons.
Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of real trees, but we use a small artificial one. Green, not white!
Do you like eggnog? I don’t remember ever having any. It’s not really part of the festivities here in the UK. Also, the thought of drinking egg doesn’t thrill me… I’d much rather have mulled wine or hot chocolate.
Favourite gift received as a child? My mother once sewed some new outfits for my Barbie. I was delirious with joy, more so than when I got the Barbie (which incidentally was definitely not the kind of gift my parents would ever give me). It still makes me happy to think of the effort and thought that went into her gift.
Do you have a nativity scene? We have three! One on our window sill (the largest), another smaller one in the sitting area, and a tiny one on the tree.
Mail or email Christmas cards? I love, love, love receiving Christmas cards, and I do love making them to send to others, but I rarely get my act together in time, and so end up sending emails. Sorry!
Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I’d like to take this opportunity to defend socks, which have the reputation of being the worst Christmas gift. I am very fond of socks. They are (usually) comfy and useful. So there.
Favourite Christmas Movie? ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ (the Dr Seuss 1966 version, not the Jim Carey monstrosity).
Favourite thing to eat at Christmas? Haha. You’re funny – as if I could possibly pick out one favourite. Disclaimer: I realise Christmas is not about food, but… I love the roast dinner, especially the veggie trimmings. Then of course there are all the nibbles – mince pies, Lebkuchen, Speculaas, Stollen, satsumas, chestnuts. I think I should stop now…
Lights on the tree? Oh yes! White fairy lights are a must.
Favourite Christmas carol? I love O Come, O Come Emmanuel and O Holy Night
Angel on the treetop or a star? Neither, we have a white dove.
Favourite ornament theme or colour? I’m an unabashed ‘red, green and gold’ girl.
What is your favourite Christmas tradition? Carolling. I also love Christmas baking.
Last year’s Christmas Meme can be seen here.


4 comments:
ah, Vince Guaraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas! :) good choice
Christmas time is here.... one of the most beautiful songs ever!
Rosie Thomas did a wonderful cover of that song on her Christmas album! :)
As I was helping my Grandma write up a list of what we'll have for Christmas dinner, it occurred to me that I really like what the British do for Christmas, and will miss it all dearly this year... though of course I do realize, as you, that it's not all about the food.... sigh.
Jim Carey monstrosity indeed! :)
Post a Comment