Monday, December 08, 2008

christmas party

We had the OM Southeast London Christmas party this Saturday. I had brought my camera, and fully intended to document the event, but when it came to it, I didn't. You know how it is... I got caught distracted with all the helping to set up and clean up, and the chatting to people I hadn't seen since last year's party, und so weiter...

I did, however, take the two photos I'd been 'commissioned' to take for the newsletter, so I absolutely refuse to feel guilty! :)

It was, as usual, a lovely time - the joyful noise of Christmas carols, an abundance of food, ridiculous games, and of course, GV's speech.

Other happenings...

I finally got around to putting up our Christmas tree, with our merry hodge-podge collection of decorations that we've amassed over the years.

We have a 14-year-old Chinese boy staying with us for a week, the son of family friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you're having a beautiful December... I'm sure the Christmas party was great :)
We had our second proper snow fall today. I was babysitting all day, and the kids and I tracked the snow fall every hour or so as it accumulated outside. Just perfect!

Sheela said...

Oooh! We've had plenty of frost, but no snow to speak of, so I'm wildly jealous! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! The Christmas party! I miss that. Would love to see your tree! No snow in Virginia - a little dusting here and there and frost which is a chore to scrape off the car windows. :-)

Sheela said...

annie!!!! you're back! happy me. i'll take a photo of our tree one of these days just for you...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am back - got done with the last of my exams and am happy (not necessarily with the outcome) :-( and relieved. The wicked can rest for a short while... Now it is time to get into the Christmas spirit!

Sheela said...

Lol - I have plenty of Christmas spirit. I'll just bottle it and send it your way...

Anonymous said...

would you? I mean send me Christmas spirit in a bottle? I seem to be slow in getting my act together. May just wake up one morning and find out - oh no.... did I miss Christmas? :-) How are things going for you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails