Merry (belated) Christmas! Hope you've had a marvelous one with people you love and good things to eat and so on...!
Here in Sheelaville, all is well. I did in fact cook the Christmas dinner - nothing was burned, everything was edible. It involved a bird and all the roast veggie trimmings. Rejoice! No photos, I'm afraid, so you'll have to take my word for it. Before that, my mother and I went to the little church around the corner where we belted out carols with all the festivity we could summon, and marveled again at the fact that God drew near to us in such a wonderful way all those years ago.
After our lunch, we went for a walk to visit some friends of ours. Their two-year-old had received a 'doctor's kit' for Christmas, and insisted on giving us full check-ups and administering 'medicine' to make us feel "all better". What with his intense cuteness and the glass of port I was served there, I certainly did feel all better! :)
On Boxing Day, I ventured out to the sales. I'm not, not, not a shopper, so it was with fear and trepidation, but I was abundantly blessed for my efforts - a pair of jeans, and a pair of smart trousers (both much needed, and at a fraction of the original price) plus a pair of red shoes (not needed, but they were reduced from £25 to £3 - what joy is mine!!). I did in fact go shopping in the first place to buy a winter coat, but was so overwhelmed by the seething crowd of humanity, so I gave up. Which of course means I have to venture forth again... Soon, but not yet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
haha... I love how familiar your shopping trip sounds... I have yet to find that winter coat (three years later) and those boots...
but I do have the red shoes! :)
What I would do to have gone shopping with you. Hope you find the coat you need....
yes annie!!! i could have done with your company! i'll take all the moral support i can get!!! hope you are doing well. hugs to you. xx
lol, jess - i first decided i needed a new coat a few years ago too, and each year it becomes more and more urgent as mine old one gets more dishevelled, and i look more and more like a deranged homeless person...
btw, i couldn't decide if i should have double portions of roast parsnips on christmas, or deprive myself of them altogether since you weren't getting any... i opted for eating both my share and a portion in honour of you - don't thank me, it's what friends are for... :)
you are too kind! :)
Post a Comment