Friday, October 10, 2008

toys tea party


toys tea party, originally uploaded by sheelajoy.

Yesterday, I came home from jury service tired but in that restless, unfocused, frenzied sort of way. After a walk to the high street for eatables and readables, I had the bright idea to organise a birthday tea party for Annie, which of course she can't attend, being thousands of miles away...

Mrs. Quack (who was given to me by a close family friend called Mrs. Quek when I was 7 years old. I was leaving Singapore for the Doulos again, and she gave it to me to remember her by), Raggedy Anjali (Raggedy Ann's Indian cousin, handmade for me when I was a child by another friend of the family) and Matthew (given to me by my brother, who named him after Matthew Cuthbert from 'Anne of Green Gables') enjoyed nibbling oatmeal-raisin cookies and sipping tea on your behalf, Annie. :)

Happy Birthday, Annie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely tea party which I missed! Woke up this morning and thinking it will be just another day, maybe wishing that things were bit different... but God is good and I am thankful!

Sheela said...

hugs to you! i know your situation is difficult, but i pray you experience God's presence in the midst of it.

when i finally get to visit you, we'll have a real tea-party! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails