Sunday, January 06, 2008

the choice before me...

I'm sure people are scared now to ask me what I plan to do next for fear that I'll start screaming and foaming at the mouth.

At this point, I'm considering two options...

1) Arise, a ministry in Cape Town, which cares for vulnerable children and families. Read more here. Also, Arise's webpage.

2) The second option is an offer that came up fairly recently. Special Projects (an OM field) helps fund small ministries and projects in over a hundred nations worldwide - several of which are in the area of HIV/AIDS. Other areas of focus are children at risk, women at risk, the extreme poor, people without access to clean water, the unborn, and the enviroment.
I was recently asked to consider a role as a project researcher - to go out to projects, spend time with the workers, see whether Special Project's resources are being used appropriately/ effectively, and to see whether Special Projects can give further assistance in the field. Obviously, this will include quite a lot of travelling, but I would be based in Southeast London.

I'd really value your prayers for wisdom and sensitivity to God's leading as I make a decision. Although no pressure has been put on me by either of the two ministries, I hope to make a decision by the end of this month for my own sanity. Thank you so much for standing with me in prayer, financial support and encouragement. It, and you, are so much appreciated!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails