Thank you to those of you who have been praying for my future. I've shared before that I've had several job offers for when I leave AIDSLink, but none of them really appealed, and I have been wondering what to do next. Well, last week I got an email from a friend that caught my breath.
If you were reading Mustard Seed Tales earlier in the year, you may remember that I went to Cape Town to do a facilitators course. While there, I got to spend some time with Debbie and Alun, friends from LST who were working with a local homeless ministry U-Turn. When I saw them, Debbie was developing U-Turn's daughter ministry, Arise, which cares for vulnerable families and children. The vast majority of the people Debbie and Alun work among are HIV+. [Read about that visit here]
Anyways, Debbie has approached her ministry's board, and they are willing to take me on. If I were to join Arise, I would be involved in pastoral care and community support based in Heideveld, on the Cape Flats. My commitment would be for 2 years, beginning in February.
I'm excited about this very hands-on opportunity, and I'm praying that I make the right decision about this. I will need to raise both prayer and financial support for this (at least £430 per month). The financial support is particularly a concern at this point, as my support over this past year has fluctuated, sometimes meeting my target, but not always. Will you please pray with me?


3 comments:
Sheela dear,
We are with you all the way!
me too! (with you, that is) :)
will be praying!!!
keep us all informed what happens, okay?
Big hug!
thanks, annie and jess! xx
Post a Comment