Tuesday, October 16, 2007
on the move again...
This year, the question I've been asked the most is 'When are you leaving?'
On Thursday morning, I leave for Atlanta. I'll be there for ten days, mostly in connection with the AIDSLink Steering Committee meetings. This is the first time the committee is meeting since AIDSLink was formed. Please pray for wisdom and discernment as they seek to develop the ministry worldwide. I'm there for the admin side of things.
Also, I'll have the chance to catch up with friends whom I've not seen in ages. I must admit, this is the part I'm most looking forward to!
I've been reflecting over this time in London as I prepare to leave. When I arrived in July after Teen Street, I had mixed feelings. I was happy to be home, but it felt like I was leaving the mission field.
On hindsight, it was such a God thing! With Rose on home assignment in Canada, my AIDSLink workload was far less than usual so I was able to type part-time for Special Projects, while cyber-working with Rose. I was able to get a bit more settled at Cornerstone, my sending church, which has meant a lot to me. I've struggled community and church-wise in South Africa. With all the travelling I've been doing, it's been a challenge to form relationships or find a good local church, so this time at home has felt like a break from all that.
It was so good to visit and catch up with friends and prayer partners. I've especially enjoyed being part of a small Bible study group. The study on the book of Daniel has completely gripped and inspired me. It was wonderful to take part in the OM Forest Hill prayer meetings - I'd really missed them! Health-wise too this has been a much needed change of pace.
In short, so much to be grateful for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment