Friday, August 31, 2007

A Brief Update...

'Undulating Fence' by the Wandering Angel

‘I have no talent for certainty, Susy’.
- Fanny Price
(from Patricia Rozema’s film adaptation of Jane Austin’s Mansfield Park)

‘What are you doing?’ I hear you ask.

'Well, I’m not really sure…' is my feeble response.

At present, I’m in the UK, working for AIDSLink from the OM office in Forest Hill. I’m also typing part-time for George. As things stand, I will be here until I leave for the States in October. Rose Hack is on home assignment in the US/Canada, and so as long as we can connect online, business continues as usual…

As I seek the Lord for what to do in 2008, I’m continually reminded that he calls me to Himself, not simply a location. Time and time again, I find myself questioning my abilities, my talents. I compare myself to my friends, all of whom seem more talented, more dynamic, more able than myself. I cry out ‘What is my purpose?’ Yes, of course it is to glorify God, but what does that mean; how do I manifest that on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis?

Why is waiting on Him so tough?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails