
It's a foggy, frosty Monday morning here in London. The snow has turned into heart-stoppingly (is that even a word?!) slippery ice. I hope you aren't tired of snow pictures because I intend to regale you with them for the forseeable future...
Yesterday was a lovely day, not just because I spent the afternoon with a dear friend at an sweet teashop called the Teapot that recently opened near my house. Church was so good too. I mean in some ways, it's awkward - I'm still getting to know people and I do miss Cornerstone, but God really spoke to me through the message at London City Life. It focused on the Father in the parable of the Prodigal Son. Just the reminder of how the Father gives His children identity and purpose (Mark 1:11). That He takes pleasure in us - He is genuinely pleased with us, and loves us beyond measure. Amazing! Let it soak into your heart. Especially if you've grown up in the church, these are probably words you've heard so many times, they've lost their meaning. We've probably lost our belief in their exquisitely scandalous truth.


No comments:
Post a Comment