
The path we're walking in The Pursuit of God is proving to be an uncomfortable one. Is anyone still here with me?
This week, we're Apprehending God. As you read, you may want to ponder over the following:
1. What is the key for believers to know and have a habitual, conscious communion with God? (see also Hebrews 11:6)
2. What is the difference between imagination and faith?
3. Why do we think of the visible world as real and doubt the reality of the invisible realm?
4. What is God saying to me through this chapter?
* Catch up on the conversation so far here.
* Haven't got a copy of the book? Free etext here.


2 comments:
He rewards those who diligently seek Him with... Himself. 'God can be known in personal experience', but 'where faith is defective the result will be inward insensibility and numbness toward spiritual things'.
I found the distinctions that Tozer makes in this chapter really helpful - the distinction between what we perceive to be the real world and what truly is Reality, as well as the opposition of faith and imagination. As I've mentioned before, my thought-life is an area that I do struggle with, and to have these definitions out there in black and white was a jolt in a good way. As Tozer says elsewhere, I 'have learned to live with unholiness and have come to look upon it as the natural and expected thing'. So while it is uncomfortable, even painful, to be confronted with how unhealthy and unholy I am, it is absolutely crucial.
While reading this chapter a Spanish saying came to mind in sort of brief definition (Al pan pan y al vino vino) a translation would be, To bread, name it "bread" and to wine, name it "wine". It implies at calling things by their names, by what they really are!
-Having clear definitions, will enalbe me to stand in faith to the asaults on my mind towards "Chronic unbelief".Towards the current way of thought of those around me.
-To develope a proper relationship with God, as any other with human beings, I need to aproach him in faith, believing that he is God. And to do that I need to have also clear other statements that I've found helpful:
-God is absolute
-Christians beliefs are practical.
-Imagination opposit to faith
-Correct bad thoughts habits and have proper statements to help my faith (visible world is as real as my spiritual world -the unseen reality!
-The spiritual world "the other world" is to be lived now no something with take its shape of reality in the future.
-The great unseen reality is God!
And to be able to enjoy a deep relationship with God I must shift my interests from the seen to the unseen.
Post a Comment