Thursday, October 28, 2010

{the reading group} Pursuit: Week 3

twinkle, twinkle
(this little cutie turns 2 today. she was singing 'twinkle, twinkle little star' when this was shot, in case you were wondering if she was having a charismatic moment...)

Ouch, the last chapter was a bit of a challenge. God timed it so I was faced with an actual {ahem} opportunity to relinquish something I'm comfortable with and head into the unknown with Him. Sigh, that was one lesson comfort-loving me would have prefered to keep theoretical - but I know I need these practical applications... :) Anybody else have a similar experience where what you were reading on the page jumped out at you in real life?

On to this week's chapter... Removing the Veil. As you read, you may want to ponder over the following:

1. In what areas does my life glorify God? Are there areas where I'm failing to glorify God?
2. The veil has been removed! What does that mean for me personally?
3. Tozer talks about something that hinders us from entering the presence of God. What is it, and is it present in my life?
4. What is God saying to me through this chapter?


* Catch up on the conversation so far here.
* Haven't got a copy of the book? Free etext here.

2 comments:

Sheela said...

The world is perishing for lack of the knowledge of God and the Church is famishing for want
of His Presence.
Wow, I thought last week was a challenge, but this week the conviction just keeps coming .

My thought-life is an area where I'm failing to glorify God, and on several levels - unbelief, negativity, the idols I find myself thinking about frequently...

There is nothing on God's side to prevent us from running into His presence and enjoying Him. But oh! this fleshly veil that clogs up my sight of and desire for Him! God is shining His gracious light on my self-addiction. I feel like Much Afraid in Hind's Feet when she faces the need to have things cut from her heart. She says: "I am a very great coward. I am afraid that the pain may cause me to try to resist you. Will you bind me to the altar in some way so that I cannot move? I would not like to be found struggling while the will of my Lord is done". That's my prayer too.

Gladys said...

I agree with you about the thought-life an area where I fail to glorify God. Somtimes Im shocked of the thoughts that come into my mind. I wonder I should have crucified that long ago? it's so basic... I'm just breaking one of the 10 commandments...how come still the lesson of the 10 Commandements is there to be learned!!!!
As Towser says the vail that stops us from entering the very Presence of God it is woven in the fine threads of the self-life. They are no something we do, they are something we are!.
We can only expirience the deliverance and breaking of the vail, at the cross, placing it to be crucified, to die, to be desolved and vanish by the cleansing blood of Jesus. Sometimes Im think Im afraid to die, should the Lord ask a great sacrifice I will not be able to fulfill? Would he ask me to trust him for bigger things that Im afraid to dare them possible??
And at the same time after readying the chapter, I hear his voice softly calling,I am here in the Holy of Holies.. I am ready always, for your visit into my very Precense my child, I am waiting...
I need more than a week to digest it all!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails