Tuesday, September 07, 2010

discuss



via Mighty to Save

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is true, but it makes me sad to admit it.
If we don't know how to accept undeserved love, how will we know how to give it? And isn't that what love is, giving without expecting anything in return?
I'm starting to ramble...

Anonymous said...

I know it's moving off topic just a little, but I just came across this good quote:

"'Agape' love is... profound concern for the well-being of another, without any desire to control that other, to be thanked by that other, or to enjoy the process"

-Madeleine L'Engle

Sheela said...

Rambling or not, I completely agree with you. The idea of love without strings attached is so foreign to us and we feel so undeserving, that God's love seems unreal and so we don't accept it in its fullness. Without his love, we don't have the wherewithal to give agape love as described by L'Engle (love her writing, btw!) and what a loss that is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails