Tuesday, July 06, 2010

workspace

my workspace

Let me take you on a tour of my workspace, whether you want to or not. I'm a chronic over-sharer. Humour me. Life is art, after all.

I do in fact have a relatively large office all to myself, but I tend to 'nest' in this corner. The previous inhabitant painted one wall a soothing sable brown. On it, there is (as you can see) a large cork board with phone numbers, memos and inspiring images, quotes and Scripture. On another board on the adjacent wall, I have pinned up prayer letters and photos of people I want to be in prayer for.

Light streams in through a large window to my right (just beyond the calender/baubles) in the morning, as I listen to George's voice. In case you are baffled, I type George Verwer's correspondence. Yup. Pray for me. :) He does occasionally put on a funny voice or accent to liven things up on those mp3 files. Occasionally he'll crack a joke or whistle a tune...

I also have music constantly playing in the office - whatever I'm in the mood for at that particular time. At the moment, it's the dulcet strains of Arvo Pärt. Want to listen?

Not pictured, my teapot, which sits on my windowsill. I trundle down the two flights of stairs with it several times a day to make fresh pots of tea in the Sun Lounge.

So now you know where I am at the moment. Pray with me, please, that I'll have a clear sense of how best to spend my time, both in terms of being faithful with what I have on my plate at the moment, but also wisdom and discernment for moving on...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails