Thursday, June 24, 2010

reading...


originally uploaded by anna/marek.

I just watched Mark Driscoll's interview of Wayne and Margaret Grudem - such an adorable couple. Anyways, the final question he asked was what books they each have on their nightstand. Dr Grudem had the weighty tomes you'd expect a learned theologian to have, while Mrs Grudem had a book by Bonhoeffer and something by Beth Moore, among other things.

I'm devastatingly nosy, so I thought this would be a fun little exercise just in case there is anyone out there who cares to share...

What books are on your nightstand right now?

I'll kick us off, shall I?

My Bible
Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Breaking Free by Beth Moore

I'm also (slowly) wending my way through Bonhoeffer's The Cost of Discipleship on audiobook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Bible;
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace... One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin;
Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge;
His Last Command- My First Desire; An adventurous mission across 5 continents by Ray Lentzsch;
and Culture of Honor by Danny Silk.

It's been a struggle to find time lately to read them all, and, actually, there are several more. I could probably spend my whole summer just reading (and doing nothing else) and still not get through everything I'd like to. :)

Sheela said...

Oh, I know - so many wonderful books, nowhere near enough time!

Looks like an interesting selection you have there. I read the Mortenson book a few years back on the Wakelys' recommendation, and Ray Lentzsch has a special place in my heart - he lead the Happy Christian Club on the Doulos when I was little. :) He also bought me my first bike.

Marion said...

I have just finished reading the autobiography of Shirley Williams, a prominent British politician, now in her 80s. Now I am reading Desert Royal, by Jean Sasson.

Related Posts with Thumbnails