Thursday, May 06, 2010

home again...

SS100691
on a bridge somewhere in Switzerland

Back in sunny London, cup of tea in hand...

I've so appreciated your prayers and emails over this last month. Yes, it has been an amazing time. I've loved getting back into teaching/training again, working with people and really seeing God at work. It was wonderful to catch up with some dear old friends, and to make some new friends, to travel and to see a different corner of the world. It was tiring, but I'll certainly miss it.

A highlight? There were many, but off the top of my head: we went to a hauptschule, the lowest of the three streams of German schooling, to 'take over' an RE class of 14 to 16 year olds. We were warned that this was a difficult group of kids and not to expect too much from them. To our amazement, the kids really engaged with the message we were sharing. One of the most responsive kids was a beautiful pregnant fifteen-year-old. The head of RE was effusive in her thanks, and I later found out that she is the neighbour of an OMer who has been witnessing to her over the last few years. It is amazing, isn't it, the way God weaves these things together?!

Please pray with us that there will be lasting fruit from this trip, that not only will people change behaviour that puts them at risk of HIV, but that above all many will draw near to the living God.

What's next? Well, I'm taking a few days off, followed by the OM Southeast London retreat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails