I first ate this salad a few months back. I say ate. What I really mean is that I consumed quantities so large, I blush just thinking about it. What's more, I've been dreaming of making it ever since. It was Mother's Day on Sunday here in the UK , which was just the excuse I needed to make this glorious dish.
Begin with broccoli. Blanch it in hot water.
Separately, whisk together a dressing of red wine vinegar, sugar , black pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Envelope the broccoli et al in this creamy goodness. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
I served it with fried chicken.
If you want to get all precise about it...
* 8 slices bacon (fried until evenly brown, and crumbled)
* 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1/2 large red onion, chopped
* 3/4 cup raisins
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 1/8 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice






No comments:
Post a Comment