... because you're worth it.No, really. You are.
So, my lovely friend Helen came to spend this Saturday with me. We share many things in common - a similar sense of humour, a love of reading, a similar taste in films, low energy...the list goes on and on. One of our main shared passions though - good cake!
We are swimming in blackberries over here, so I was determined to use as many as possible, but didn't didn't want to go down the traditional crumble/cobbler route. Enter the genius that is the Pioneer Woman. She's devised a dessert that is part cake, part cobbler - scrumptious. Let's put it this way - I made this on Saturday, and today (Monday) it is no longer with us. Don't look at me like that- it wasn't just me that ate it...
Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1) Mix sugar, flour and milk together thoroughly. Whisk in the butter. Pour into a well-buttered baking dish.
2) Rinse and drain blackberries. Sprinkle evenly onto the batter. Here, Ree sprinkles another 1/4 cup sugar evenly over the top, but I omitted this and didn't feel the dish suffered. If anything, it was still a tad sweeter than I'd have liked. When making this again, I might reduce the amount of sugar down to 3/4 cups, but that's just me.
3) Bake at 180 degrees C for an hour. Serve as it is, or with cream, ice cream or custard.
I apologise for that pitiful photo. Treat yourself to Ree's photos and instructions here.


4 comments:
That looks absolutely yummy... with a huge dollop of cream.. bring it on... will definitely try it this weekend....
Oh, do! You won't regret it... Jess is coming this week, so I foresee more baking in my immediate future. :)
Is she coming for a vacation? Wish I could come too :-( Anyway, hope you have a wonderful time together.
Oh Annie, I wish you could too! :( Sending you a BIG hug, miss you loads! xx
Post a Comment