Monday, July 20, 2009

resurfacing...


bored in the garden 2, originally uploaded by sheelajoy.

Hello? Anybody there? If there is, I'm sorry I abandoned you. It was a nasty combination of physical and technological melt-downs. I'm feeling much better, and the computers are up and running today, so hurrah!

Let me see... We did have that party for my dad. About 35 people came, and it was a time of laughter and some tears. The meal was delicious, and my cake turned out ok. I went with the lemon cake with a lemon curd filling and the seven minute frosting, in case you are curious. As is usually the case, the back-up cake (I made a second smaller cake just in case we needed it, which we didn't) turned out much more moist and lighter than the one we served.

Also, in the pre-party frenzy I piled all my hair on the top of my head (most unattractively, I might add) so that it wouldn't get in the way or (horror of horrors) shed into any of the food. I planned to take it down just before the guests arrived, but guess what? I forgot. Yup, I went through the entire evening looking... well, stylistically-challenged at best. Incidentally, my mother wore her top inside-out until it was pointed out to her. So yes, we were exhausted and somewhat confused...

I took a few days off work after that to recoup, but I returned to the office to discover our server was down, and wasn't able to work. Frustrating, but definitely not the end of the world, as I appreciated having two more days off! Now, I have a LOT to catch up on, but heigh ho.

Nothing more to declare. Happy Monday, one and all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) I'm sure you both looked beautiful anyway. Glad to hear the party went well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails