Thursday, July 30, 2009

and so...


nasturtium, originally uploaded by sheelajoy.

Just got back from seeing a neurologist at Kings. He ruled out a bunch of things, and decided that my GPs had not been that thorough with my blood-work, so they took 8 vials (!) of blood. That reminded me of my brother... He had blood taken so many times, and would call the medical staff 'vampires'. They took that surprisingly well.

The nurse taking my blood was really sweet. She informed me as I sat down that she hated needles. 'Oh, great...' thought I. My veins are notoriously difficult to find. I had visions of her stabbing me recklessly, and us both passing out. Turns out she was incredibly gentle, found a vein quicker than her predecessors, and those 8 vials were filled in next to no time. Hurrah!

Anyways, the doctor more or less confirmed that it is ME. On the one hand, it is a relief in that I have an authoritative figure confirming that it isn't 'all in my head'. On the other hand, there isn't a pill I can take to get all better. It is just a matter of 'keep on keeping on', as G.V. loves to say. Despite that, I'm feeling upbeat and encouraged.

So, thank you to any and all who have been praying. It really does make a difference. If I could, I'd send you a bouquet of nasturtiums, which you could nibble on because they are oh! so nutritious and yummy. OK, going away now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs Sheela!!! and another one!!!! Oh so glad that you were able to see a specialist. Nasturium???? sounds nasty to me but what is the common name - I will try them if I can find them here... I will try anything healthy... catch up with you later........ love yah!

Sheela said...

Annie! I receive your hugs with gladness, and I send some back! :D So nice to see you resurfacing. Hope the killer work/exam-revision combo isn't getting you down!

Hmmm, I think nasturtium is the common name, but I'm not sure... The flowers taste a lot like rocket leaves, and make a tasty + colourful addition to salads.

Love you back!

Manuel Family said...

You are in our prayers and hearts!

Sheela said...

Thank you, lovely Manuels!

Related Posts with Thumbnails