Monday, June 01, 2009

Sabbath


IMG_5361, originally uploaded by mamahohpe.

So I had a bit of a Sabbath Day yesterday. The sun was shining gloriously. I pootled around, listened to some amazing podcasts by Jill Briscoe, Mark Driscoll, Francis Chan, and Pete Briscoe, did some stitchery, drank some tea, prayed, reflected, repented of some ugliness, sang* (I was alone in the house at that point, you'll be relieved to hear), cooked supper, went for a walk. All in all, a very good day.

One of the main things I took away from yesterday was Jill Briscoe's two-part message about Martha and busyness. If you haven't heard it, hie thee hence to ITunes or wherever and download it! It's free by the way, and while you are there, download the entire back catalogue. You won't regret it.

I've gone off reading slightly, which is deeply unusual for me. I'm having trouble concentrating at the moment, so listening to podcasts have been an excellent way to keep my mind active and keep learning in the midst of what I'm hoping is a temporary blip.

* What was I singing along to? This and This and This and This.

Over and out.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails