
February has made quite an entrance here, as what has been described as an 'artic freeze' grips the UK. Needless to say, the public transport system has ceased to function, and schools and most workplaces have closed for the day. That's our garden in the photo above. There's about 10 inches of snow on the ground, which is unthinkable in London, after the heaviest snowfall for decades.

Snow began falling around 6pm yesterday, and it hasn't stopped yet. In fact, they've forecast a snow storm this afternoon. When I woke up this morning, the street was a silent wonderland, but not for long.... Of course, once I'd had my cup of tea, I had to go out myself to photograph the beauty.

I've just for a walk to the local park, and I think it was one of the most beautiful walks I've ever been on. On route, the citizens of Forest Hill (young and old) were out in a state of high glee. Snow ball battles of epic proportions were taking place, whilst more creative-minded individuals were busy forming snowmen and igloos. Kids were sledging down every available slope. I did make a valiant effort to walk around all the snow angels. Even as I type this, two teenaged boys walk past the window, carrying in their arms enormous snow balls. Pity the one those snowballs land on!
5 comments:
You had more snow than we this in our neck of the woods!!! Other parts of the US had tons of snow poured down on them. Enjoy it! Hope had a great weekend!
wonderful! wonderful!
the pictures are great :)
thanks, lovelies!
Ha!ha! looks like I should have proofed my note to you.... Just reading the news and the weather in the UK esp. London - made big news!
seriously? yay us! :p
Post a Comment