Tuesday, January 20, 2009

{craft project} don't judge me...

So this craft project that I keep alluding to... It's cross stitch. Yup. I'm that girl. But I'll have you know the alternative craft scene is really big right now. Or something. Sigh...

Long story short: In the course of intense post-Christmas house cleaning, my mother rediscovered her vast collection of cross stitch supplies, including a pattern she had long planned to use. Her eyes bother her quite a bit these days, so I offered to give it a go. She eyed me dubiously, but agreed. Now I've not done any cross stitch since I was about seven or eight, but how hard can it be, right...? Haha.

Anyways, I'm going to blog my progress not because I think you are remotely interested, but to make sure I do in fact progress. Consider yourselves warned. And you should also know that I'm quite enjoying it so far, which has come as a slight surprise. Clearly I'm suited to these repetitive tasks...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done! You'd better keep us updated on your progress... I'm going to hold you to that! :)
it'll be great!

(and yes, I too occasionally cross-stitch)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I enjoy cross stitching too! looking forward to your projects!

Sheela said...

Lol! Closet cross-stitchers unite! Thanks for the encouragement... :)

Janick - Nea said...

Oh thanks for having my picture over ;)

And don't hide, I live partly on my cross-stitch work! lol ;)

Sheela said...

Ooops! lol Hope you don't mind! I love your picture - colours make me happy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails