Saturday, November 08, 2008

reassurance





















Baby in Hand by Aldo Risolvo

These past weeks, I've been feeling despondent, with a splash of self-loathing. The other night, though it was late and raining, I just had to get out of the house. I was crying out to God, asking Him to speak to me. I'd been walking for some time, hearing nothing, getting increasingly drenched and feeling increasingly foolish, so I headed home.

A few streets before mine, my eyes were drawn to an estate agents sign. A nearby streetlight had illuminated its left corner. As I got closer, I read the words You are in safe hands.

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

- Still, Reuben Morgan (Listen to it here)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Profoundly touched by your post...wishing so much that I could say something to help out...then realising that the best words have already been spoken to you by the ONE who cares most. You ARE safe in HIS hands!! God bless you, li'l sis and big hugs!

Sheela said...

Thanks, guys! Hugs always welcome! :)
That's it exactly, Michael - HE said what I most longed to hear. He is good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails