After 40 years of being blacklisted in India, George and Drena Verwer were permitted to return earlier this month, together with a small team. Last night, we heard some of the highlights of their trip.
One particular anecdote made me laugh out loud – they were welcomed at one of the OM schools by hundreds of Dalit children lining the side of the road, many of whom wore George Verwer masks! At first, I was struck by how surreal and absurd that must have looked – rows of tiny little Indian children all with the face of a seventy-year-old man.
However, a friend reflected that this is a very pale picture of how it will one day be for us. One day, we will be gathered to see the One we serve, and we too will bear his likeness. What an astounding thought!
Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2)
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
likeness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love the winter photo! Oh, it's so beautiful!
When I saw the photo(in their trip report) from their visit to that school, I couldn't stop laughing... so cute!
Thanks for sharing the insightful reflection. :)
hey the pic is beautiful as! yeah and its very insightful:)
Hey Lovelies!
Lol - well, neither the photo nor the insight are mine, but thank you!! :)
Post a Comment