Friday, January 11, 2008

announcement

I'll be doing an official newsletter very soon, but in the meantime I just wanted to let you know that I have (at long last!) come to a decision...

The decision making process had become such an ordeal. I had thought, prayed, lamented, and raged.

Then finally exhausted, I stopped and sat and listened. I listened to the wise counsel of friends. I listened to the silence. I listened to my achy, longing heart. I listened to the One who calls me beloved. And all these voices told me the same thing.

I don't really want to do either of those things.
[Gregory of Nyssa] saw it as our lifelong task to find out what part of the divine image God has chosen to reveal in us. Like the other early monks, he suggests that we can best do this by realistically determining how God has made us - what our primary faults and temptations are, as well as our gifts - not that we might better 'know ourselves', of in modern parlance, ' feel good about ourselves', but in order that we might become instruments of divine grace for other people, and eventually return to God.

(from The Cloister Walk, by Kathleen Norris)

As I said in a recent newsletter, I really want to do something more creative. I love words, and I enjoy writing, so I'd really like to use that. I've decided to look into studying some more. At the moment, I'm looking at a few MA courses in publishing, but I'm keeping an open mind.

Just thought I'd let you know...

P.S. Do CLICK HERE. You will be encouraged...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sheela,
I'm so happy to read your announcement! Congratulations on listening to your own heart, and for going through the ordeal of following through. I have always found your writing exciting, insightful, entertaining, inspiring, and utterly delightful. It is not hard for me to see why you would think of pursuing this area of your interests--I truly think you have a gift, and I am looking forward to seeing the results! Please call on me if I can be of help (perhaps you'll want a reader?).
With love, m.

Sheela said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Li'l Sis,
I could not agree more with "m". You do have a way with words and writing - an obvious gift that blesses! May our Lord cause your seed to grow and bear much fruit.
BIIIG Hugs,
Michael

Sheela said...

Thank you! It's such an encouragement to hear my hopes validated by both you and 'M', as I value both your opinions! Well, I'm entrusting this to the Lord, and as you say, may it bring much fruit, and in turn may that fruit bring Him glory! Hugs back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails