'smile' by Elsie FlanniganSo many things to be grateful for!
1) A Father who is good. He is gracious, merciful, slow to anger and rich (abounding, even) in love. (Psalm 145:8-9)
2) Family and friends who love me, and who teach me how to love - thank you!
3) The opportunity to meet so many wonderful people and experience amazing cultures, all while serving God!
4) A peace that transcends all understanding (my own, especially!) :) (Philippians 4:7)
5) Smiling and laughing. I love to laugh! I love the sound of other people laughing - especially kids. I love that gasping-for-breath giggling that you get when you are being beyond-silly with friends. That surprised bubble of laughter that wells up when someone says something funny unexpectedly. I'm one of those odd people who suddenly recollects something funny that happened years ago, and it still makes me laugh now.
6) Hugs!!!
7) Beauty - in nature, in people, in actions.
8) Following on from that, I'm so grateful for my love of beauty. It makes living on this messy planet that little bit more wonderful.
9) Music.
10) I'm grateful for my own sense of humour, as well as that of others.
11) Good health, and a God who heals.
12) Good food and clean water.
13) The ability to be creative.
14) Flowers.
15) Real chats - the kind where you don't have to pretend. The kind where you listen, and are listened to. The kind where it is safe to be vulnerable.
16) Love in all its shapes and sizes.
17) I'm grateful that once in a while, I take a photograph that meets my expectations.
18) the internet - my primary means of keeping in touch with friends and family around the globe.
19) The ability to read, and the many, many wonderful words that exist, as well as the many wonderful books that exist.
20) Good movies that make you lose yourself, and immerse you in another life, another time, another place, another situation.
21) Time alone to reflect, to get perspective, to re-energise.
22) Time with others, hanging out, the joys of community.
23) Rain. Not that passive-aggressive London drizzle. I'm talking about awe-inspiring electrical storms, with pelting raindrops, that bombard the parched earth.
(Btw., these are in no particular order)
Oh, there are so many more things, but I'll stop there. What are you grateful for?


2 comments:
A friend emailed me some of the things she's thankful for. They were all lovely but there were two in particular I had to steal for my list...
1) the kindness of strangers
2) family - the family i was born with, my extended surrogate family, and the human family
thanks, m! xx
I love your list! so many good things!
And I quite agree with no.23 :)
(oh, and no. 5 too!)
Post a Comment