Sunday, October 28, 2007

God’s perfect timing

I continue to seek God for what to do next, and he continues to remind me that he is at the helm. Last Sunday, I visited a Southern Baptist church for the first time. The First Baptist Church is the church of Charles Stanley. We were hoping to see him, but he didn't preach this week. It was still an awesome experience! They had a phenomenal, not to mention enormous, choir. Anyways, I bring this up because the message was on Psalm 37:1-7, a passage I’ve read many times before, but it felt like a very personal, very timely reminder from God.

1 Fret not yourself because of evildoers;
be not envious of wrongdoers!
2 For they will soon fade like the grass
and wither like the green herb.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
4 Delight yourself in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him, and he will act.
6 He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way,
over the man who carries out evil devices!

As I reflect on how I got to this point, with all its confusion, weariness and doubt, I am also reminded that it was God’s Hand that has brought me thus far. Difficult though it may be to ‘fret not’ or to ‘be still’, what a wonderful assurance that ‘he will act’!

At present, I feel visionless, passionless, directionless. In short, less than I should be. But then I read this passage, and I am reminded that when God is my delight, it is he who provides the desire. As I continue to commit myself to him, he provides the strength to be faithful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you Sis! It is well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheela,

Have continued to pray for you, interestingly on some of the things that you have mentioned. You keep going and God will do what He does best and give you direction and fill in the blanks.

Jason

Related Posts with Thumbnails