4 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Personal Assistant
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Personal Assistant
2. Dish washer
3. Counsellor
3. Counsellor
4. HIV/AIDS Workshop Facilitator
Four movies I would watch over and over:
(only 4? Impossible!)
1. The Importance of Being Earnest (the fabulous 1952 version - 'A Haaaaandbag?')
2. Amelie
3. Pride & Prejudice (the BBC 5 hour long malarkey)Four movies I would watch over and over:
(only 4? Impossible!)
1. The Importance of Being Earnest (the fabulous 1952 version - 'A Haaaaandbag?')
2. Amelie
3¼. Monsoon Wedding
3½. To Kill a Mockingbird
3¾. Finding Neverland
4. Life Is Beautiful
Four places I have lived:
1. Bangalore, India
2. Singapore
3. Pretoria, South Africa
4. London, England
Four TV Shows that I watch:
I've been without a tv for the vast majority of 2007, but I have caught a few episodes of the following...
1. House
2. Ugly Betty
3. Grey's Anatomy Season 2
4.
Four places I have been:
1. Papua New Guinea
2. Suriname
3. Albania
4. Cambodia
People who e-mail me (regularly):
I'm going to include facebook, as I seem to use that more than email these days...
1. Rose Hack (my boss)
2. My Dad
3. Jessika H.
4. Sarah M. H.
Four of my favorite foods:
1. chocolate (fair trade!)
2. homemade cake with a good cup of tea
3. dosai with mint/coconut chutney
4. my mum's tuna peera and dhal.
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Hanging out with soulfriends
2. Taking a walk in a park in the sunshine.
3. Having a picnic by a lake...
4. Having a breakfast party. Pancakes, anyone? :)
Things I am looking forward to the coming year (2008):
1. Finding out what the Lord has in store.
2. Putting down roots
3. Getting a new camera (eventually!) and learning more about photography
4. I love how Donald Miller describes (in one of his books - can't remember which now) walking on a path to meet God. At first, He's a distant figure. Now, he's closer, and you can see his smile. Soon, you'll be able to see the little wrinkles around His eyes. That's what I'm looking forward to - getting a little closer.
I tag: Michael, Annie, Melanie, Jessika, Caroly, Belinda, Rachel (happy birthday, Rachie-cakes!), Sneha, Esther, Mirja, Nadia, Sarah H., Sarah L., Jo and Anna.
In fact, I tag anyone who wants to get involved! :) Join the merriment! Respond in my comments section below, or on your own blog, but if you do take part elsewhere please send me a link so I can take a nosey at your answers. Happy Wednesaday, one and all!


5 comments:
4 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Personal Assistant
2. Housewife/Mother
3. Human Resources Officer
4. Human Resources Manager
Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Bride and Prejudice
3. Roman Holiday
4. Sound of Music
Four places I have lived:
1. Madras, India
2. London England
3. Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
4. Heaven next
Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Home and Away
2. News
3. UCB
4.
Four places I have been:
1. USA
2. Dubai
3. France
4. Italy
People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Sneha
2. My cousin Geetha
3. My sister Anita
4. My cousin Maya
Four of my favorite foods:
1. chocolate
2. Mutton biriyani
3. Mutton cutlets
4. Prawn curry
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In the sun somewhere
2. In a party with friends
3. In the US with my sister
4. In bed as I have a cold right now
Things I am looking forward to the coming year (2008):
1. New challenges that the Lord has for me
2. Hoping to see my kids get married
3. Learn to swim
4. Maybe move to a new country
4 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
4 jobs I had in my life:
1. Sunday School Teacher
2. Administrative Assistant
3. Bookkeeper
4. Wife/daughter/sister
4 movies I would watch over and over:
1. Dead Poet Society
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. Christmas Carol
4. Lord of the Rings series...Star War series...
4 Places I have lived:
1. Quezon City, Philippines
2. London, England
3. Michigan, USA
4. Virginia, USA
4 TV shows that I watch- we only get 3 channels so the following are either what I watch or would like to be able to watch:
1. CSI
2. Law & order
3. Jeopardy
4. NCIS
4 Places I have been:
1. Australia
2. Hongkong
3. Thailand
4. Ireland
4 people who email me regularly:
1. my hubby
2. my sis
3. my niece
4.
4 of my favorite food: taste buds' eclectic & I'll try anything- well, almost!
1. Seafood: fish (don't forget the head!), crabs, shellfish, snail, squid, etc.- steamed, fried, boiled, grilled, broiled, etc.
2. Indian Curry - not the mild one, please!, biryani, etc.
3. Chinese! (stewed, stir fried, deep fried, dim sum, etc.)
4. Japanese.
4 Places I would rather be right now:
1. In the Philippines with my family
2. On a quiet beach with only the sounds of nature.
3. In a job that I will find fulfilling and satisfying...
4. In a community where people share the same passion for life and things that are important.
Things I look forward to in 2008:
1. Knowing and loving God more deeply
2. Love my hubby more...
3. A new job hopefully- Sigh!!!
4. Meaningful relationships
5. Our own home to settle down into - feels like a nomad, moved so many times, it would be nice to have our own place to call home.
6. Travel....
4 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Road technician (National Service)
2. Meteorologist (National Service)
3. Ship Officer
4. Lecturer
Four movies I would watch over and over:
I am certainly not a movie fan (sincerely), but maybe these will do…
1. The Robe
2. Coming to America
3. Finding Nemo (a bit like the prodigal son ... just a bit)
4.
Four places I have lived:
1. Accra, Ghana
2. Kumasi, Ghana
3. Global - on ships
4. Malmo, Sweden
Four TV "programmes" that I watch:
1. CNN
2. BBC
3. National Geographic/Explorer/Discovery/Zone reality
4. Playhouse Disney (cartoons) … with the family when we are together
Four places I have been:
1. Senegal
2. Russia
3. Japan
4. Cyprus
People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Angeley M. (the dearest)
2. Jens-Uwe (my PhD supervisor)
3. Fredrik K. (friend at church)
4. Nana Yaa L. (Random Musings blog)
Four of my favorite foods:
1. Most things chicken (begone, bird flu!)
2. Fried ripe plantain and beans (very Ghanaian)
3. Chinese (only the regular :-))
4. Chocolate from Ghana (the best in the world and slave/child-labour free)
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. With Angie and the kids
2. Among Christians somewhere worshiping the Lord with GREAT worship songs
3. Going for a long quiet drive on nice country roads (Alas! Not helpful for global warming)
4. A walk in the park or by a quiet lake (in a warmer place)
Four books I am reading (it is possible)
1. The Bible
2. The return of the prodigal son
3. The Challenger launch decision
4. The scandal of the evangelical conscience
Four things I wish everyone appreciated
1. That Jesus loves all and died for all
2. That "the planet that sustains us and gives us life is a fragile entity the resources of which do not belong to us and are not ours to squander without thought for the future and others"
3. That not all of Africa is as you see it on TV
4. That God is good - always - and only He can give peace and security.
Four Things I am looking forward to the coming year (2008):
1. Working more in ministry (sharing the Word of God)
2. Spending maximum time with my family
3. Making progress with my studies
4. Exercising more
okay, I've done it too :)
take a look,
http://jessikanne.blogspot.com/
Love ya!
Can't believe I left out 'Shawshank Redemption' on the films question. I watched it again the other night - what a powerful film!
Post a Comment