Last Wednesday, I mentioned in passing to Janice that I had yet to visit an animal reserve. She stared at me, aghast, 'You've been here how long?!' And so, we made a plan...Long before sunrise on Saturday, Janice and I joined our neighbours, Chris and Soretta, and their 3 year old, Tian for a grand day out at Pilanesburg National Park. Within minutes of entering the park, we sat in stunned silence, as an enormous lion sauntered out in front of our car. He glanced at us with disdain before turning after a small herd of wildebeest. Hoping to see a kill (bloody-thirsty beings that we are!), we were extremely disappointed when a landrover hurtled up the path and scared the wildebeest away.
During the course of the day we saw several groups of rhinos, elephants, giraffes, zebra, various deer and antelope, wildebeest, hippos, and warthogs. Needless to say, my camera was working overtime! Imagine then my disappoinment when I got home and found that my camera had decided to pack up on me - only a few of the 50-odd photos I took came out! :( I've uploaded the few that came out on Flickr, if you want to take a look. I will also get some photos from Janice, and upload those in the not too distant future...


No comments:
Post a Comment