Friday, May 25, 2007

{cupcake friday} pecans!

It is Friday, dear friends! A time to reflect on the wonders of baked goods...

I'm starting to get to know the new Afrikaans family in our apartment block. They used to live on a farm, and just last week they showed up at my door bearing a large bowl of pecans. (Aside- in the absence of a nut-cracker, a swift blow with a rolling pin is fairly effective...) At this moment in time, I am without a muffin/cupcake pan. My flatmate, however, does own mini loaf pans, and I was forced (forced, I tell you) to make use of them. Behold the outcome...

BANANA PECAN BREAD

4 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 180°. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, mixing well. Sprinkle the pecans into the mix. Pour mixture into mini loaf pans, or a regular loaf pan, or muffin tins, I'm really not fussy... Bake until golden brown. Cool for a while. Remove from pan and eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!!! baked goods!!! :)
(that's all I have to say... for now)

Related Posts with Thumbnails